SlowlistInYaFace: #RiseUp4Ramarley #MikeBrown #PoliceBrutality



18-year-old Ramarley Graham was gunned down Thursday inside the bathroom of his Bronx home following a foot pursuit by a team of plainsclothes cops. He was unarmed. Via Huffinton post

Update: The department of justice and launch and official investigation into the incident, although the murder took place over 2 years ago. The family delivered hundreds of signed position to the department of Justin in lower Manhattan.

As a black man I worry a lot about the time I will have an exchange with the nypd, as of now I haven’t had hostile actions taken against me by the nypd. Despite this the fear is still there, will I get shot? Will I get stopped and frisked? What if I don’t have my I.D. on me? Will I go to jail?
Jail is a big fear of mine, although I do see myself doing civil disobedience in the future, jail scares me and I think safe to say it scare many others.  I am a big guy and I always wonder what people think when they look at me, I also think what if someone decides I might be a challenge for them. What if they look at me and think “Yeah that’s a big one, think he’ll put up much of a fight?”
I know police officer’s core duty is supposed to “Protect and serve” but we have to be honest that some people probably join the academy, just for the sense of power.  What happens when the system teaches aggression to an aggressive person? “The People United Will Never Be Defeated” but what happens when it’s not the people, but just the one person walking down the street… or the one person in his house, in the alley.    

We should not have to fear the police but as a black man, who hasn’t harmed anyone ever, they scare me.  Although I am far from aggressive what if I get into an altercation and the cops are called? I would be scared that I am going just because of the way I look and my stature.
Moving on from my ramblings…let’s talk about the rally for Ramarley. Originally I did not know the rally was for Ramarley, my crew and I thought it was for Mike Brown who had been killed just days before. So we get there and we find out it is for Ramarley graham, which was awesome because his family hadn’t seen justice either.


Its amazing how we forget, I remember the story of Ramarley graham and other cases like Sean Bell, and it seems once the media moves it from the hot seat you kind of forget about them. In most cases the families do not get an investigation, or any sense of justice or due process. In conclusion i hope the best to family and i hope justice is served.

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram